Welcome to Sarah Bettey Photography, featuring photos
from the Mt. Hood to Portland, Oregon areas and beyond
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
I got an award!
Lots to post today. This is a photo of a small stream that we saw on a walk through the woods I took on Sunday. The stream goes all the way down a very steep hill into the Salmon River.
I got the "Stylish Blogger Award" passed to me by fellow pacific northwest blogger, JoJo. Thanks so much, JoJo, for your support of my blog. I truly appreciate your daily comments and checking in with you as often as I can back at your blog!
So the rules of receiving the award are pretty simple:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10-15 blogs who you think deserve this award.
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.
Here it goes:
7 THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. My two least favorite traits about myself: I am a horrible procrastinator. In fact, in the 6th grade, I won an “award” at the end of the year for worst procrastinator. Secondly, I am a worrier.
2. I hate listening to the radio, because of all the talking and commercials. I, therefore, am very out of the loop on current music. I still listen to my old favorites on my iPod or CD’s, or tune into my Pandora station online. On the same note, I hate watching or reading the news. Its nothing but depressing crap that I can live without knowing.
3. I hold my breath when it is windy out. I can't STAND the wind
4. I am horribly grossed out by someone wearing socks in the bed. I certainly do not do it, and won't allow anyone in the bed with me if they are wearing socks. My poor husband...
5. My best friend is my dog, Beau. He has been by my side through some of the toughest parts of my life. I can tell him anything and he will love me anyway.
6. I absolutely hate talking on the phone. I work in an office, so I am on the phone all day. I tend to text only when I am not working, and even then, not very much.
7. I am super loud. When I talk, everyone can hear me. People have always said I was very loud and had an addictive laugh.
And my choices for passing this award on are:
1. Sylvia K - Meme extraordinaire (ABC Weds, Skywatch Fri, and That's My World), and past Portland resident
2. Magical Mystical Teacher - I love getting wonderful comments from MMT, including the wonderful poems!
3. RosaDimaggio63 - Leaves me wonderful comments in italian, which I love and possibly the biggest Jake Gyllenhaal fan in the blogosphere!
4. PDX Nature Nut - We have two things in common - from the Portland area and love nature!
5. His Boys Can Swim - I love this honest, heartfelt blog written from both mom and dad perspectives.
6. Becky's Blog - a girl from my hometown! Posts about her daughter, family life, scrapbooking and her weight loss goals.
7. Astoria Daily Photo - I love Astoria, OR and checking into Sheryl's blog always reminds me of the fun times I have had there in the past.
8. Ashland Daily Photo - Same as Astoria, I love Ashland and love checking into this blog and seeing the pretty scenery. Also, Al runs the @oregon_blogs twitter, which re-tweets my daily postings!
9. My Birds Blog - I am consistently amazed by Abraham Lincoln's gorgeous details in his bird photography. A must see!
10. Portland Daily Blog - I like checking in with Lynette to see what adventures she has going on in the city that my town borders.
11. My last choice for this list is actually just to direct you to the right column of my blog. About halfway down you can find a list of all the memes I regularly post to. Thank you to all of the meme owners and moderators. Without you, I would be uninspired many days of the week!